Creating Informix Subclients for Datafiles and Dbspaces
You can create subclients for specific datafiles and dbpaces that frequently change or have a different backup schedule than the entire database.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Informix.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the content to include in backup operations.
- In the Backup Mode area, select the Selective option, and then in the box, select the check box for each dbspace that you want to back up.
- To include the configuration file, select the Back up ONCONFIG File check box.
- To include the emergency boot file, select the Back up Emergency Boot File (ixbar) check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab, and then, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- Click OK.