Performing a Backup of the InterSystems Caché Database
Perform an IntelliSnap backup on the subclient that you configured to back up the InterSystems Caché database data.
Before You Begin
- Place the quiesce script (named pre-freeze-script) in the /usr/sbin/ directory.
Note: Do not use a file extension on the quiisce script. A list of the directory contents must display /usr/sbin/pre-freeze-script.
- Place the thaw script (named post-thaw-script) in in the /usr/sbin/ directory.
Note: Do not use a file extension on the thaw script. A list of the directory contents must display /usr/sbin/post-thaw-script.
- Ensure that you install and run the VMware tools so that the freeze and thaw scripts automatically run during the backup job.
For information about open-vm-tools support, see System Requirements.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > vCenter Client > Virtual Server > VMware > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, select Schedule.
Note: Configure a schedule to run nightly. For information on how to configure a backup schedule, see Schedule Backups.
- Optional: Create an inline copy. An inline copy is a backup copy that the Commvault software creates during the backup operation.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Backup Options dialog box is displayed.
- On the Data tab, select the Backup Copy options.
- Select the Create Backup Copy immediately check box.
- Select Start Backup Copy job based on Storage Policy Rules.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Backup Options dialog box.
- Click Advanced.
- Click OK to close the Backup Options dialog box.
You can manage the snapshots (for example, mount a snapshot) that the Commvault backup creates. For information on how to manage UNIX snapshots, see Advanced Snapshots - IntelliSnap for VMWare.
What to Do Next
- Use the VM Ware tools to call the thaw script.