Adding the IBM i File System Agent Client
After you install the File System Agent on the proxy client, create an IBM i File System Agent client in the CommCell Console.
We recommend that you have the latest PTFs installed on the IBM i File System client. For more information, refer to IBM Support Fix Central for the latest PTFs that are available for your operating system.
If the SSHD server is not installed on the IBM i client, then you must manually install the CVINSTPKG on the IBM i client. For more information, see Installing the CVINSTPKG.savf Installation Package on the IBM i Client.
- From the CommCell Bowser, right-click Client Computers, point to New Client > File System, and then click IBM i File System Agent.
The New IBM IBM i File System Agent Client dialog box appears.
- Enter the IBM i File System Agent client configuration information.
- In the Client Name box, type the IBM i File System Agent client name.
- In the Host Name box, type the host name of the IBM i File System Agent client.
- In the Data folder box, type the location of the data files for the IBM i File System Agent client.
- In the CVD Port box, type or select the CVD port number.
Note: The port number must be the same port value that you specified in the IBM i File System Agent client host configuration. The default value is 9401. Use a value of 0 to indicate that it is the default port number.
- To set the IBM i user credentials, in the IBM i User Credentials area click Change. Then, on the Enter User Name and Password dialog box, type the IBM i user credentials, and click OK.
Note: The software uses this user profile to run the Commvault backup and restore operations. You must select a user profile that meets the following requirements:
- The profile has the *SECOFR user class and with all special authorities.
- The profile is enrolled in the QDLS file system when QDLS data protection is required. For information on how to enroll the user profile, go to the IBM site, Client Access Express for Windows Setup. After you find and open the document, search for Enroll Client Access Express users.
- The profile has the language parameters set to English by using “LANGID(ENU) CNTRYID(US) CCSID(00037)”.
- You cannot use the following system user profiles: "QDBSHR", "QDOC", "QLPAUTO", "QLPINSTALL", "QRJE", "QSECOFR", "QSPL", "QDFTOWN", "QTSTRQS", "QSYS".
- In the Proxy Client box, select the proxy client where you installed the IBM i File System Agent.
- In the Subsystem Description box, type the IBM i subsystem description of the active subsystem name where the Commvault services run. Use the following format:
For example, if you specify “QSYS/QCTL”, then the software runs the Commvault services, backup and restore jobs, under the QCTL subsystem.
- In the Job queue box, type the Job queue name in the following format: “<Library>/<JOBQ_object>”
The job queue must be connected to the subsystem that you specified in the Subsystem Description box. If the job queue is not connected, then select the Create job queue check box. When you select this check box, the software creates creates a separate job queue under the Commvault CVLIBOBJ library and connects to the specified subsystem.
- To have the software create a separate job queue under the Commvault CVLIBOBJ library and connect to the specified subsystem, select the Create job queue check box.
If the Subsystem Description is “QSYS/QCTL” and you select the Create job queue check box, then the default value for the job queue is “CVLIBOBJ/QCTL”
- In the Job Priority box, type or select the job priority of the Commvault jobs that run on the IBM i client. The valid values are 1-9, where 1 is the highest priority. The default value is 5.
- In the Run Priority box, type or select the job run priority of the Commvault jobs that run on the IBM i client. The valid values are 1-99, where 1 is the highest priority. The default value is 50.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Package Installation on the IBM i Client
After you create the IBM i client, the Commvault package is automatically installed during the next backup or browse if the SSH services are active on IBM i client machine and the proxy, and if the SSH connectivity between the proxy and the IBM i client machine exists.
Automatic installation on the IBM i client performs following tasks.
- Starts SSH sessions from the proxy to the IBM i client to copy CVINSTPKG.savf.
- Extracts the required objects, and executes the installation command.
- Creates the CVLIB and CVLIBOBJ program libraries when they do not exist.
- Copies the required files into the CVLIB program library.
- Creates the class object, job description, and job queue when the option to create the job queue is selected.
- Copies the configuration files to the data directory.
- Prepares the data directory.
- Changes the subsystem description by adding the new routing entry and attaches the job queue, when the option to create the job queue is selected.
- Starts the Commvault services in the specified subsystem.
- Sets the ownership for library, directories, and files to the specified user profile.
- Deletes the Commvault temporary files and temporary libraries.
If the SSHD server is not installed on the IBM i client, then follow the manual steps to install the CVINSTPKG on the IBM i client. For more information, see Installing the CVINSTPKG.savf Installation Package.