Performing IBM i File System Agent Full Backups
Use this procedure to perform a full backup of the IBM i File System Agent client.
A full backup is the most comprehensive backup and is the baseline for incremental backups. For more information on full backups, see Full Backups.
Supported Full Backup Data
The table defines the default data that the backup includes.
|Data Object||Backed Up|
|Network File Systems (NFS)||No|
|Common Internet File System (CIFS)||No|
|Files with names containing non-ASCII characters as long as the appropriate locales are set||Yes|
Before You Begin
- Plan your advanced settings. The options are described for the following advanced settings:
- Advanced Backup or Archive Options (Data)
- Job Priorities and Priority Precedence - Online Help - Startup
- Job Controller - Online Help - Job Retry
- Advanced Backup/Archive Options (Media)
- Advanced Backup Options (Data Path)
- Vault Tracker Feature - Online Help
- Advanced Backup Restore Options (Job Log Output)
- Alerts and Notifications - Online Help
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Proxy Client File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or if it will be scheduled.
Note: If you selected Schedule, set up the schedule.
For information on configuring a backup schedule, see Schedule Backups.
- Optional: To set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
For information on the available backup options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup has completed, the Job Controller displays Completed.
Once your backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.