Performing IBM i File System Agent Incremental Backups
Use this procedure to run an incremental backup on an IBM i File System Agent client.
For information on incremental backups, see Incremental Backups.
About This Task
You can run an incremental backup before or after a synthetic full backup.
- Running an incremental backup before the synthetic full ensures that the synthetic full backup includes new or changed data.
- Running an incremental backup after the synthetic full ensures that the incremental and not the synthetic full backup includes the new or changed data.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Proxy Client File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Incremental.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or if it will be scheduled.
Note: If you selected Schedule, set up the schedule.
For information on configuring a backup schedule, see Schedule Backups.
- Optional: Set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
For information on the available backup options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup has completed, the Job Controller displays Completed.
Once your backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.