Accessing Edge Monitor
After installing the Laptop Backup software, backup operations will be automatically performed based on the schedule set by the Administrator, but you can monitor the backup jobs on your laptop using Edge Monitor that runs on the system tray. You can also view, control and initiate backup operations. Edge Monitor also includes a link to launch the Web Console.
Before You Begin
- You must have the Data Protection Operations permission to view, start, and control backups using the Backup Monitor tool.
- To use the Edge Monitor on UNIX laptops, you must install the Pangox Library.
- Start Edge Monitor:
Edge Monitor for Windows
In the Windows notification area, double-click the Edge Monitor utility icon,
You can also access the utility as follows:
- Click the Start button on the Windows task bar and then click All Programs.
- Select Commvault from the Programs menu and then select Commvault.
- Click Edge Monitor.
If you do not see the utility shortcut in the notification area or in the list of programs, it means that the Administrator configured the laptop package to skip the shortcut creation. To access the utility, go to the Installation_Directory/Base folder and double-click Laptop2Taskbaricon.exe.
Edge Monitor for Macintosh
- On the Menu bar, double-click the Edge Monitor utility icon, .
Edge Monitor for UNIX
- From the Panel, double-click the Edge Monitor utility icon, .
- The summary of the backup jobs previously run on your laptop is displayed in the Edge Monitor dialog box.
- After a backup (scheduled by the Administrator) completes, you can perform your first restore. Restore operations are performed from the Web Console, which you can access from the Edge Monitor tool by clicking its Open Web Console link. For more information, see Accessing the Web Console.