Backup - Macintosh File System iDataAgent
Perform a Backup
Once the storage policy is configured, you are ready to perform your first backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System | defaultBackupSet.
Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- You can right-click the job and view the following details:
- Items that failed during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
|What Gets Backed Up||What Does Not Get Backed Up|
Hierarchical File System (HFS)
HFS+, Universal Disk Format (UDF)
Universal File System (UFS)
By default, the following file systems are automatically skipped during backups:
File System Elements
Raw device files
Symbolic links that are browsed or manually added to the data contents
Files with names containing non-ASCII characters as long as the appropriate locales are set
Files for which the file path or file name contains more than 1024 characters