Adding and Assigning Resource Pools in the OSDP C-Mode Storage Policy
Before You Begin
- Create resource pools and Vserver associations, as described in High-Level Process Flow for OCUM 6.x.
- For cluster and virtual server clients, associate vServers with the aggregates that form the resource pools for OSDP C-Mode. To associate vServers with the aggregates, use the following command on the cluster:
vserver modify -vserver Vserver_name -aggr-list aggr_name
- In the export policy that is associated with the root volume of the vServer where data is replicated, define a rule that provides read/write access to OSDP client computers. Choose this vServer when you add and assign resources pools in the following procedure.
- If you need to change the storage virtual machine, or if the volume runs out of storage space, create a new OSDP C-Mode storage policy and re-associate all existing clients from the old storage policy to the new one.
Note: After you create the destination volume, you cannot edit the settings on the Provisioning tab of the following procedure.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage policy.
- Right-click Primary (Snap), and then click Properties.
The Storage Policy Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Provisioning tab, click Refresh to display the OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) entities.
- In the Resource Pools area, select resource pools from the Available list.
- To create the volume, select the Storage Virtual Machine check box, and then, from the Storage Virtual Machine list, select a storage virtual machine computer.
To display the storage virtual machine that is associated with the selected resource pools, click Refresh.
- Click OK.
OCUM creates a single destination volume on the selected resource pools and on the selected storage virtual machine.