Creating an OSDP C-Mode Storage Policy
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Storage Policies, and then click New Storage Policy.
The Create Storage Policy Wizard appears.
- On the Enter the storage policy name page, specify the following, and then click Next:
- In the Storage Policy Name box, type a name for the storage policy.
- Select the Open Systems Data Protection check box.
A message appears, click OK.
- On the Select a Location to store backup of Data and Index page, in the Location to store Backup of data for Primary Classic Copy area, do one of the following:
To store the backup data of the Primary Classic copy in a library, do the following:
- Click Library, and then select a library from the drop-down box.
To store the backup data of the Primary Classic copy in a MediaAgent, do the following:
- Click Location, and then select a MediaAgent from the drop-down box.
- Click Browse to select a location for the primary classic copy on the MediaAgent.
- If you selected a Library, a Select a MediaAgent page appears, select a MediaAgent computer to store the primary copy, and then click Next.
- On the Enter the retention criteria for this policy page, accept the default values for retention criteria, and then click Next.
- On the Select or Add the OnCommand Unified Manager page, specify the information for OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM), and then click Next.
Tip: Select a server with OCUM 6.3P1, 6.4P1, or 7.0. Even though servers with OCUM 5.x might appear in the list, you must select a server with OCUM 6.3P1, 6.4P1, or 7.0 for data to be replicated to C-Mode file servers.
- If an OCUM server exists, select the server name from the Select list.
- If you want to add a new OCUM server, click Add, and then enter the OCUM server information.
- On the Review your selections page, click Finish.