NFS ObjectStore Management from the CommCell Console
Administrators can manage NFS shares from the CommCell Console.
Add an NFS ObjectStore client when you want to create an NFS ObjectStore share.
When you add an NFS ObjectStore client, Commvault software creates a client for the NFS ObjectStore share that contains the following entities
- A default backup set
- A backup set that has the same user name that you associated with the client
This backup set contains a subclient for the NFS share that has the same name as the backup set. Use this subclient to manage the NFS share.
After you add the client, you can manage the share from the CommCell Console by performing operations on the subclient that the software created for the NFS ObjectStore share.
Users access the NFS ObjectStore share by mounting the share on their client by using the NFS protocol. After users mount the share, they can add, modify, or delete content by using native operating system commands and APIs. The data is sent to or retrieved from the Content Store and follows the retention rules that are defined for the storage policy that is associated with the NFS ObjectStore share.
NFS Share Management
You can perform the following NFS share management operations from the CommCell Console:
- Create a NFS ObjectStore share
- Delete a NFS ObjectStore share
- Update a NFS ObjectStore share
- Create a point-in-time view of the NFS ObjectStore share of the specified NFS ObjectStore share that reflects the data for the specified time.
- View all point-in-time NFS ObjectStore shares
- Update a point-in-time NFS share
- Delete a point-in-time NFS ObjectStore shares