Use Commvault software to protect data that you have stored in Microsoft OneDrive for Business cloud storage.
- You can back up data to the cloud or to local storage.
- You can include the protection of your Microsoft OneDrive for Business data as part of the protection of your overall business data.
- You can make a copy of the OneDrive for Business data by backing up the data to any secondary storage.
- If data loss occurs, then you can restore your data back to the cloud OneDrive folder.
- You can schedule these backups to run automatically at regular intervals, so that you always have the latest copy.
Before You Begin
You must have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office 365, and OneDrive for Business. Consult the Microsoft documentation before you configure your Microsoft and Commvault environments. For example:
- Microsoft support Office 365 enterprise site (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enterprise- organizations-and-Office-365-6e18d402-f35e-415a-83b1-56620d4074ff?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US)
- Microsoft OneDrive site (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/)