This procedure describes the general steps for creating a backup operation at the subclient level.
Before You Begin
- Decide which type of backup is appropriate.
- Plan your advanced backup options. The options are described for the following advanced settings:
- Job Retry
- Data Path
- Vault Tracking
- Plan whether you will run the backup immediately or on a schedule.
- Determine whether you want to save your backup options as a script to run from a command line interface.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Cloud Apps > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, in the Select Backup Type area, select either of the following backup types:
- In the Job Initiation area, define whether the backup job runs immediately or if it will be scheduled.
- Optional: To set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
- Optional: To save this backup operation as a script that you can run from the command line, click Save as Script.
- Click OK.
If you chose to run the job immediately, the backup starts now.
If you chose to run the job according to a schedule, the backup runs according to the schedule that you defined.