Configuration - OpenVMS File System iDataAgent
Once you have installed the File System iDataAgent on the proxy client, create an OpenVMS client from the CommCell console using the following steps.
- From the CommCell Bowser, right-click Client Computers, point to New Client | File System, and then click Open VMS.
- In the Client Name box, type the OpenVMS client name.
In the Host Name box, type the host name of the OpenVMS client.
In the Base Install Folder box, type the location for software installation.
All Commvault programs, configuration files, and logs are stored under the software installation directory by default.
Note: Provide UNIX-style path to the location. For example, /SYS$SYSDEVICE/SOFTWARE/ is the UNIX-style path equivalent to SYS$SYSDEVICE:[DEVICE].
In the User Name box, type the name of the user account with privileges to perform operations on the OpenVMS client.
The SYSTEM user account with full privileges is created by default when you install the OpenVMS operating system. You can use any other user account with similar privileges.
Note: Only the files for which the user account or its group has read access are backed up.
In the Password box, type the password for the user account.
In the Proxy Client box, select the proxy client name on which the File System iDataAgent was installed.
- Click Finish.
The OpenVMS client will be added as a client in the CommCell as soon as it is created.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Proxy Client File System | defaultBackupSet.
Right-click the default subclient and click Properties.
Click the Storage Device tab.
In the Storage Policy box, select the storage policy.
Proceed to the next page.
If you do not have Storage Policy created, follow the step given below to create a storage policy.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.
- Creating a Storage Policy:
- Click Create Storage Policy.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the Storage Policy Wizard. The required options are mentioned below:
- Select the Storage Policy type as Data Protection and Archiving and click Next.
- Enter the name in the Storage Policy Name box and click Next.
- From the Library list, click the name of a disk library to which the primary copy should be associated and then click Next.
Ensure that you select a library attached to a MediaAgent operating in the current release.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of a MediaAgent that will be used to create the primary copy and then click Next.
- For the device streams and the retention criteria information, click Next to accept default values.
- Select Yes to enable deduplication for the primary copy.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of the MediaAgent that will be used to host the Deduplication database (DDB).
In the Location box, type the name of the folder in which the DDB must be located or click the Browse to select the folder, and then click Next.
- Review the details and click Finish to create the Storage Policy.