Oracle Properties (General)
Use this dialog box to obtain or provide general and/or user account information for the agent.
Displays the name of the client computer on which this Agent is installed.
Displays the identity of the Agent that is installed on the client computer.
Displays the Agent software version installed on the client computer.
Displays the date on which the Agent was installed or upgraded on the client computer.
Enable Instance Discovery
Use the Enable Instance Discovery option to automatically discover databases.
CommCell instances are created for Oracle databases under the following conditions:
- Discovery is initiated every 168 hours. Change this interval by Setting the Automatic Discovery Frequency.
- When the Communications Service (GxCVD) is restarted (for example after a computer reboot).
Enabling Automatic instance discovery ensures that newly added Oracle databases are regularly accounted for backups.
Data Storage Policy
You can configure the data and log storage policies when you manually or automatically discover instances (Agent Properties dialog box, Data Storage Policy list, Log Storage Policy list, General tab). The Commvault software assigns these storage policies to all instances and default subclients that you discover.
By default, the command line storage policy is set to the agent data storage policy.
The log storage policy is assigned to the Oracle instance.
The Commvault software assigns the data storage policy to the default subclients by looking at the following configured items:
- The storage policy configured for the Oracle Agent (Data Storage Policy list, Log Storage Policy list, General tab)
- The storage policies that are configured for a previously discovered Oracle instance (Instance Properties dialog box, Storage Device tab, Log Backup tab, Storage Policy used for all archive log backup list)
- The storage policy for the File System Agent default agent for the default backup set (Subclient Properties dialog box, Storage Device tab, Data Storage Policy tab, Storage Policy list)
Log Storage Policy
The name of the storage policy that the software uses for log backups.
Enable for Archiving
When selected, the database contents can be archived.
Use this field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.Save As Script
Click to open the Save As Script dialog, which allows you to save this operation and the selected options as a script file (in XML format). The script can later be executed from the Command Line Interface using qoperation execute command.
When you save an operation as a script, each option in the dialog will have a corresponding XML parameter in the script file. When executing the script, you can modify the value for any of these XML parameters as per need.