Performing a Full Oracle IntelliSnap Backup
IntelliSnap backups for any client are full backups. You can perform a full backup of an online or offline database.
A full backup is the most comprehensive backup and is the baseline for incremental backups.
If the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode, you must back up the database offline.
If the database is in ARCHIVELOG mode and database accessibility is a priority, perform an online backup of the database.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance .
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or whether to schedule it.
Note: If you specify to schedule the backup, define the schedule.
For information on scheduling backups, see Schedule Backups.
- Click OK.