Viewing Oracle Backup RMAN Scripts
View the backup RMAN scripts to verify that tag variables are valid and to add options that are not available through the user interface.
CommCell Console backups use the Oracle RMAN interface to run the backup. The Commvault software generates an RMAN script based on the options you selected from the CommCell Console.
View the script before you run it to:
- Verify the values filled in by Oracle tag variables are not truncated.
- Add options to the command that are not supported through the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options dialog box, click Script Preview.
- Optional: Customize the RMAN script. For instructions, see Customizing Oracle Backup RMAN Scripts.
- Click OK to close the Backup Options dialog box.