MSSQL Requirements for Salesforce
When you want to store your Salesforce data to a local MSSQL database, the database must meet the following requirements:
- The MSSQL version must be 2008 R2 or higher.
- The MSSQL host must have free space that is at a minimum equal to double the size of the Salesforce used data storage. This number accounts for the Salesforce data change frequency because the database maintains all versions.
- The MSSQL host must have a minimum of 8 CPUs/processors and 16GB of memory. We recommend that you have 32GB of memory.
- To prevent the MSSQL host memory from filling up, set the max server memory limit for the SQL server. For more information, see the Microsoft SQL Server article, "Server Memory Server Configuration Options", https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/server-memory-server-configuration-options.
- Best Practice: Use the SQL Simple Recovery Model for the SQL database so that the disk does not get filled up with transaction logs during backup operations.
- You must have a SQL authentication user.
Amazon RDS SQL Server
You can use an Amazon RDS SQL server instance for backup and restore operations (Sync DB option) as long as you can access the Amazon RDS instance from your internal network.