Modifying Salesforce Backup Sets to Sync to a Database
Use this procedure when you want to use the back up the Salesforce data to a database and you did not configure the instance for the option.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have the following information:
- The type of database
- The client that hosts the database
- The database name
- The credentials for a user that has read and write permissions for the database
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Cloud Apps > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, click Properties.
The Salesforce Backup Set Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the Backup Options tab, specify the backup location.
- In the Download Cache Path box, type the full path for the staging location that the Commvault uses when it backs up the data.
- Best Practice: To store the data in a MSSQL database, select the Sync To Database check box and then provide the following information.
- From the Database Type list, select the database type.
- From the Database Host list, select the client that hosts the database.
- From the Database Name list, select the database name.
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the credentials for a user that has read and write permissions for the database.
Note: The user must be a SQL authentication user.
- Click OK.