Creating the SAP HANA Parameter File
You must create a parameter file when you:
- Perform a cross-machine restore. This includes a restore for disaster recovery.
- Perform a backup or restore for a multi-instance configuration.
If you are in a multi-node SAP HANA environment, each node must have a param file. The param file can be shared across nodes.
Best Practice: Assign the file to group sapsys that the sid user owns.
Assign the read-write permission (664) to the file.
Name the file param.
- Create the SAP HANA BACKINT parameter file on the host where you installed the SAP HANA Agent in the iDataAgent directory.
For information on required and optional parameters, see SAP HANA BACKINT Configuration Parameters.
- Create the /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig directory.
- On the command line, type the following command to link the file to the specified location.
ln -s /opt/commvault/iDataAgent/param /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig/param.
What To Do Next
- In the SAP HANA Studio, set the Backint Parameter File in the Data Backup and Log Backup areas to the file. For information on how to configure the files, see Configure a Third-Party Backup Tool.
Note: Make sure that you set the log backups with a third-party tool option.
- In the SAP HANA Studio, in Log Backup Settings area, select Backint as the Destination Type.