Creating a New Instance for a SAP HANA Pseudo-Client
You can create additional instances for a SAP HANA pseudo-client.
You can connect to the database by using the SAP HANA user store, or a database user.
If you use a non SYSTEM user to connect to the database (New SAP HANA Instance dialog box, General tab, DB User Name box), then the user must have DBA COCKPIT privileges so that is can perform backup operations. For more information, go to the SAP Documentation site, DBA Cockpit for SAP HANA: Authorizations. In the Database Users section, look at the Customer-specific user row.
You can create a SAP HANA database user that has the required privileges by using the following SQL commands:
CREATE USER MY_BACKUP_USER PASSWORD BackupOnly01 NO FORCE_FIRST_PASSWORD_CHANGE;
GRANT BACKUP ADMIN, CATALOG READ, INIFILE ADMIN TO MY_BACKUP_USER;
MY_BACKUP_USER is the user name and BackupOnly1 is the password.
If you have a multinode SAP HANA database, you must use the database credentials (New SAP HANA Instance dialog box, Details tab, DB User Name box) when the client that is first node (New SAP HANA Instance dialog box, Details tab, Hana Database Instances box) does not have connectivity to the SAP HANA Secure User Store so that you can have successful backup operations.
Before You Begin
- Decide how to connect to the database. If you want to use the SAP HANA user store, create a key.
For information, go to the SAP website, hdbuserstore.
- Determine the location of the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- Log in to the SAP HANA server with the sid admin credentials.
- On the command line, type the following command to find the location.
Use the location that the software returns in the hdbsql location directory box.
- From the CommCell Bowser, right-click Client Computers > SAP_HANA_Client > instance and then click New SAP HANA Instance.
The New SAP HANA Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the connection details.
- In the Instance Name box, type the SAP HANA instance name.
- In the Database Name box, type the name of the SAP HANA database (the SID).
- In the Number box, type the SAP HANA instance number.
- In the OS User Name box, enter the admin user name.
- Determine how to connect to the SAP HANA database:
To use the SAP hdbuserstore key, select hdbuserstore KEY and in the box, type the hdbuserstore key that you created.
To use the database credentials, select the DB User Name box and then type the credentials that you use to access the SAP HANA database.
- In the hdbsql location directory, enter directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- On the Details tab, add the SAP HANA instances.
- Click Add.
The Create SAP Hana client dialog box appears.
- From the Hana physical client Name list, select the client that hosts the SAP HANA instance.
- Click OK.
- Click Add.
- On the Storage Device tab:
- On the Command Line Backup tab, from the Storage Policy used for user command backup of data list, select the storage policy to use for command line backups.
- To select a log storage policy, on the Log Backup tab, select a policy from the Storage Policy used for all Archive log backups list.
- Click OK.
The software performs a validation check on the instance to verify that it can connect to the instance. If the software cannot establish connectivity, then an error dialog box appears and you must verify and up the connection detail values, and then save the instance.