Creating a SAP MaxDB Instance
Create a SAP MaxDB instance in the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click SAP for MaxDB, point to All Tasks and then click New Instance.
The Creating New Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab:
- In the SAP MaxDB Instance box, enter the instance name.
- Optional: Enter a description of the instance in the Description field.
- On the Storage Device tab, enter storage policy information:
- Select the storage policy for command line backups. On the Command Line Backup tab, select the storage policy that you want to use for command line backups from the Storage Policy used for SAP user command list.
- Optional: Use a separate storage policy for log backups. On the Log Storage Policy tab, select the storage policy that you want to use for archive log backups from the Log Storage Policy list.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Instance dialog box.
What to Do Next
- Configure the SAP MaxDB Parameter File. For more information, see Configuring the SAP MaxDB Parameter File.
- Configure multiple streams for your backup and restore operations. For more information, see Configuring Multiple Streams for Backups and Restores.