Configuring SAP for Oracle Subclients for Selective Online Full Backups
You perform a selective online full backup when the database is online. A selective copy subclient includes the data, logs and control file. The advantage of a selective online full backup is that the data and logs use the same storage policy, which means that they reside on the same media and are self-contained for long-term archiving. You can use this in a disaster recovery, because you do not need to locate different media from multiple jobs to recover the database.
For more information on selective online full backups, see Selective Online Full Backups.
You can use a separate log policy for log backups run during the data phase of a selective online backup. For information on how to configure the storage policy, see Configuring the Storage Policy for a Log Backup During a Selective Online Full Backup.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SAP for Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the Selective Online Full check box and then select interface. You must choose util_file, Rman_util, or util_file_online for the Backup Device.
- On the Log Backups tab:
- Select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- Optional: Select the Archive Delete check box to delete the logs after the backup completes.
- Optional: Select the Disable Switch Current Log check box to disable log switching for the current redo log.
- Optional: Select the Archive Log Second Copy check box to create a second copy of the archived offline redo log files.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Log Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name for the log backups.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup.
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.