Compliance Officers - Settings
The Compliance Search Menu Bar is located at the top of the Compliance Search page.
The Compliance Search Menu Bar displays a welcome message with the username used for logging in, as well as links to:
|Preferences||Open the Preferences tab and displays currently selected options. See Setting User Preferences for additional information.|
|Events||Display a notification area for recent application events.|
|Help||Display a help search bar. Type keywords and click Search to display relevant links to online help.|
|Logout||Logout from the Compliance Search page.|
You can specify the preferences for search.
- In the Preferences page, change the appropriate settings:
- Search Engine - Select the Search Engine to use for searches.
- Default Reading Pane Position - Select the layout of the reading pane.
- Default advanced search tab to show - Select the tab to appear first when the advanced search window opens.
- Default view for displaying search results - Select whether the default search results view contains both files and emails, only files, or only emails.
- To finalize your selections, click Save.
If more than one search engine is installed, you can view search results from a particular search engine.
- The number in parentheses next to each search engine represents the number of search result on that search engine.
- If a previous version of search engine is selected, the view of the search results and refinements are changed to the format supported by the previous version of search engine.
- The list of Search Engines updates every 90 minutes. You can also click the refresh button to manually update the list.
- Perform a basic search. For instructions, see Perform a Keyword Search.
A list of search results appears.
- In the Search Engine menu, select a search engine.
The results for the selected search engine appear in the search results window.