Enabling ACLs during Backups
Before You Begin
- To view the user data, ensure that End User Access permission is configured on the client computer. For instructions, see Configuring Web Console.
Assigning the End User Access permission helps maintain multiple user profiles on the same SharePoint Server and ensures that each user has the ability to access only the data for which the user has access permissions.
- By default, you can access data backed up by the defaultBackupSet on the Web Console. To browse user data backed up only by the default subclient on the Web Console, you must disable browse for non-default subclients. For instructions, see Disabling Data Browse from Non-Default Subclients.
To enable browse or search based on end-user access control, complete the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client > SharePoint Server > Documents.
- Right-click the subclient and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced Options tab and select Catalog ACL (end user access control list).
- Click OK.
After enabling access control, run a full backup on the subclient to include the ACLs in the backup data.
Conversely, if you run a differential or an incremental backup, only the newer data will include the ACLs.