Offline Mining - SharePoint Server iDataAgent
SharePoint browse and restore allows you to browse and recover data from a granular level of a file, library, sub site or a Site Collection. This is especially useful in cases where there is not a granular level backup available that contains the data to be recovered. This procedure requires availability of a content database attached to an SQL Server.
The following are prerequisites to using this feature:
The SharePoint Offline mining tool requires the Offline Mining Enabler for SharePoint license.
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Sever 2013
- SharePoint Server 2010
- The source client machine must have a SQL Server with an attached content database. This can be configured using any one of the following methods:
- SharePoint Agent must be installed on the SharePoint Application server.
You can configure to mine an offline content database by following the steps given below:
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | <Client> | SharePoint Server.
- Right-click SharePoint Server and click Properties.
- On the General tab ensure that the appropriate SharePoint Version is selected.
- Click OK.