Enabling Automatic Discovery of SQL Instances
By default, Commvault automatically discovers new instances added to the SQL Server. This automatic discovery ensures that the newly added SQL instances are regularly accounted for in backup operations.
About This Task
SQL instances are automatically discovered under the following conditions:
- Discovery is initiated every 24 hours. Change this interval by Setting the Frequency for Automatic Discovery of SQL Instances.
- When the Communications Service (GxCVD) is restarted (for example, after a computer reboot).
- In the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client.
- Right-click SQL Server, and then click Properties.
- In the SQL Server Properties dialog box, select the Auto Discover Instances check box, and then click OK.
Important: If you do not want future instances to be automatically discovered, you can disable the automatic instance discovery by clearing the Auto Discover Instances check box.