Configuring an Azure SQL Instance
You must add the SQL instance that you want to protect to a SQL server.
Before You Begin
Log on to the Microsoft Azure portal using your Administrator login credentials.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click the SQL Server, and then click Properties.
The SQL Server Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Cloud Configuration tab, enter the following Azure cloud information:
- Select the Configure Microsoft Azure Account check box.
- From the Azure Authentication Model list, select one of the authentication models for accessing data on the Azure cloud.
- Enter all the details that you need to access data on the Azure cloud.
For instructions about accessing this information from the Azure portal, see SQL Server Properties (Cloud Configuration).
- Click OK.
- To the SQL server, add the Azure instance that you want to protect.
For instructions about adding a new instance to a SQL server, see Manually Discovering SQL Instances.