Disabling the Conversion of Log Backups to Differential Backups for the SQL Server Agent
Disable the conversion of log backup to differential backup by creating the additional setting bSkipTLForSimpleRecoveryModelDB. You can create this additional setting to skip databases in simple recovery model during transaction log backups. These databases are backed up during the next scheduled full or differential backup for that subclient.
Subclients with databases set to the simple recovery model do not support log backup. Converting log backup to differential backup ensures that both logs and data are backed up.
Tip: You can also configure all SQL clients to disable the conversion of log backup to differential backup by using the command line interface. Run the qcommand execscript command with the SkipTLForSimpleRecoveryModelDB parameter.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, on the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, create the bSkipTLForSimpleRecoveryModelDB setting:
- In the Name box, type bSkipTLForSimpleRecoveryModelDB.
- In the Category list, select MSSQLAgent.
- In the Type list, select INTEGER.
- In the Value box, type 1.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Properties dialog box.