Performing a Restore Operation of the Archived Data
You can browse and restore archived data from the subclient level.
You can perform only an out-of-place restore operation. In-place restore operations of archived data are not supported.
To restore archived data from the subclient level, complete the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SQL Server > instance.
- Right-click the archive subclient on which you ran an archive job previously, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- Select the database tables that you want to restore, and click Recover All Selected.
The SQL Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Select the SQL client, the instance, and the database where you want to restore your archived data.
- Type the SQL server login credentials of the SQL server that you selected to restore your archived data.
- To stage data for restore, in the Redirect Path for Restored Data Files box, type or browse to a folder path on the destination client.
- Archived database tables are restored as individual tables for each job ID with the naming convention <Table_Name>_<Archive_Job_ID>.
- If you are restore a database table that was archived using a synthetic full operation, then all the versions of the database table are restored as individual tables with the respective job ID appended to the table names.