Deleting Sybase Subclients Using the Commvault Command Line Interface
Applies to: Sybase, Sybase IntelliSnap
Use XML to delete Sybase subclients. Run the operation from the command line, or automate configuration by combining command line operations in a script.
You can include the XML parameters in the xml file, or you can specify them on the command line when they frequently change. For more information on command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Line - Syntax.
- On the Sybase Agent host, run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Download the remove_subclient_template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- Open the remove_subclient_template.xml file, add your specific parameters, and save the file.
For information on supported subclient XML parameters, see XML Parameters for Sybase Subclient Configuration.
- On the command line, go to Software_Installation_Directory/Base and type the command.
qoperation execute -af <xml_path>\remove_subclient_template.xml -appName 'Sybase Database'-clientName '<client_name>' -instanceName '<database_name>' -subclientName '<subclient_name>'
- Once the job completes, run the qlogout command to log off the CommServe computer.