Creating a Subclient
To provide protection for a specific set of instances, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can identify instances that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule. For example, you can create a subclient for each zone or for instances running the same operating system.
The default subclient is preconfigured to back up all instances that are not protected by other subclients.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Amazon.
- Right-click a backup set and click New Subclient.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- Identify instances to back up:
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Browse.
- From the list at the top left, you can select a view to browse by availability groups or zones.
- Navigate to one or more instances and select them.
- Click OK.
The selected instances are displayed in the Contents of subclient list.
For other methods of identifying instances for a subclient, see Adding Subclient Content.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
- Select a Storage Policy.
- To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, click the Advanced Options tab and add the proxies to be used.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies specified at the instance level are used.
- Click OK.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.