Backing Up Containers and Images
You can back up containers and images from a subclient or from a backup set (to include all subclients for the backup set). For each subclient, you must add the containers and images to be backed up in the subclient content.
Before You Begin
- Decide which type of backup is appropriate. Typically, you can choose either an incremental or full backup type. For the first backup of a container or image, a full backup is always performed.
- The Docker engine does not support simultaneous requests to download the same layer. If backups of a container or image are performed from multiple subclients at the same time, or from a single subclient using multiple streams, a backup job might fail. For more information, see https://github.com/docker/docker/pull/31136.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Docker > backup_set.
- Start the backup from the subclient or backup set:
- From the subclient, right-click the subclient and then click Backup.
- From the backup set, right-click the backup set, click Backup All Subclients, and then click Yes to confirm.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Choose the backup type.
- Optional: To schedule the backup, click Schedule.
For more information on scheduling, see Scheduling.
- Optional: To further customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
- Optional: To save the current backup options as a script file, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Save as Script Overview.
- Click OK to start the backup job.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup is complete, the Job Controller displays Completed.
After your backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.