Adding a Backup Set for OpenStack
When you create a new virtualization client, a default backup set is created automatically. By default, the default backup set manages backup and restore operations for all instances for the client. You can create additional backup sets to provide a separate administration point for a specific group of instances.
About This Task
Backup sets provide administration for data operations on instances.
A default backup set is created automatically for a virtualization client; but you can add additional backup sets to provide separate administrative units. For example, you might provide separate backup sets to manage different classes of instances, such as:
- Instances supporting high-transaction database applications
- Linux instances
- Instances supporting development and testing
A backup set contains a default subclient; you can add additional subclients as needed to protect different groups of instances within the backup set.
Warning: If a backup set is deleted, backup data for the backup set cannot be recovered.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Backup Set.
- In the Create New Backup Set dialog box, enter the following settings.
- In the New Backup Set Name box, enter the backup set name.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy name.
- If you want to assign the new backup set as the default backup set, select the Make this the Default Backup Set check box.
- Click OK.