Getting Started with the Virtual Server Agent for VMware
Step 1: Before You Begin
- This page assumes you have already installed CommServe software. If not, refer to the CommCell Quick Start Guide.
- Review possible deployment scenarios.
- Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements and capabilities of the Virtual Server Agent for VMware:
Step 2: Install the Virtual Server AgentReview each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Virtual Server Agent
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Optional: Configure a Storage Policy. See Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- Create a virtualization client for the VMware vCenter.
- Modify the default subclient or create a user-defined subclient.
- Optional: Decide whether to add the following functionality:
- To be notified of events that require attention, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- To report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations, see Reports Overview.
- To manage security, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.