Specifying Credentials for Application-Aware Backups
User credentials are used for the remote installation of application plug-ins and for backups.
Note: If application credentials are different from the credentials that were specified to access the virtual machine, the application backup fails.
You can enter guest credentials to enable access to VMs at different levels. Credentials are chosen based on the following priority:
- Individual virtual machines
- VSA subclient
- VMware instance level
Specifying Instance Credentials
To specify guest credentials at the instance level, perform the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server.
- Under the Virtual Server entry, right-click the instance and select Properties.
- In the Virtual Server Instance Properties dialog box, on the General tab, click the Change button beside Guest Credentials.
- Enter the user name and password and click OK.
To specify guest credentials for the subclient or a specific VM, see Configuring a Subclient for Application-Aware Backups.