Disabling Live Sync
You can disable Live Sync for a specific virtual machine, for selected VMs in a Live Sync schedule, or for all VMs in a schedule.
For a VM
When you use the Live Sync Monitor to disable Live Sync for a virtual machine, the VM remains on the Live Sync schedule but is not updated from backups.
- Display the Live Sync Monitor from the instance, backup set, or subclient:
- From Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server, right-click the instance and then select Live Sync Monitor.
- Under the instance, right-click a backup set and select All Tasks > Live Sync > Monitor.
- Under a backup set, right-click a subclient and select Live Sync > Monitor.
The Live Sync Monitor tab appears.
- Right-click a virtual machine and select Disable Live Sync.
The VM continues to be displayed on the Live Sync Monitor with a status of Sync Disabled.
For VMs in a Schedule
Remove one or more VMs from a Live Sync schedule to permanently remove them from Live Sync operations.
- From the Live Sync Monitor, right-click a virtual machine and select Go To Schedule.
The Live Sync Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select one or more VMs and then click Remove VMs.
- Click OK.
After you remove VMs from a Live Sync schedule, they no longer appear on the Live Sync monitor and are not replicated. You might not see the change until the Monitor is refreshed.
For a Schedule
Delete a Live Sync schedule to permanently remove all of the VMs in the schedule from Live Sync operations.
- Display schedules:
- Right-click a backup set, and then select View > Schedules.
- Right-click a subclient, and then select Schedules.
Live Sync schedules have Site Replication in the Type column.
- Right-click a schedule and then select Delete.
When a schedule is deleted, all of the VMs from the schedule no longer appear on the Live Sync monitor and are not replicated. You might not see the change until the Monitor is refreshed.