My Computers - End-User Erase
In case, you no longer use the data that was backed up, you can delete the files from their existing backups.
- Log on to the Web Console and click My Data.
Note: The size shown beside each client on the My Data page includes only data backed up by the default subclient in the default backup set
- Under the computer name from which you want to erase data, click Restore.
- Browse or search to locate the files that you want to erase.
- To erase files, you can either:
- Right-click the file name, and then click Erase.
- Select the check box next to the file or files that you want to erase and then click Erase.
- When using search, click Erase All to erase all of the files on the search results page.
- Click Yes to confirm and erase the files you selected.
Caution: Erasing a single version of a file is not supported by the File System End-User Erase feature. If you are browsing versions of a file, and erase one version, then all versions of the file will be deleted. That is, the file will be deleted from the backup entirely.