Generating a Restore Command Line Script from the CommCell Console
In addition to the parameter values provided in the template XML file, if you want to include additional options for the restore, you can do so by selecting the required options from the CommCell Console and generate the command line XML script for the restore operation.
In addition to the element values provided in the template XML file, you can include additional options for the restore. To do this, select the required options from Backup Options dialog box in the CommCell Console, and then generate the command line XML script for the backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System.
- Right-click backup_set, and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
- Click OK.
- In the right pane of the Client Browse window, select the data that you want to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
- Select the required restore options that you want to run using the script.
- Click Save as Script.
The Save As Script dialog box appears.
- Enter the path where the script will be saved and include the file name and extension.
For example, C:\scripts\myscript.bat.
The script is saved as an .xml file and .bat file.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and .bat files will be overwritten.
- Enter the username and password for the user account that you want to use to perform the backup.
By default, the user account that you use to log on to CommCell Console is used to perform the backup. However, if the user account does not have access to any application or database, select Use a different account.
- Click OK.