System Requirements - Virtual Server Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V
The following requirements are for the Virtual Server Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V:
Physical Machine Operating Systems - Hyper-V Virtual Servers
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (including Core Edition)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 (including Core Edition and Nano Server 1)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (including Core Edition)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 (including Core Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (including Core Edition)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 (including Core Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 2
- A cluster can include Nano Server nodes provided that at least one node in the cluster is running Windows Server 2016 (Data Center Edition recommended) and has the Virtual Server Agent installed. The Enterprise server can perform remote backups for virtual machines running on Nano Server nodes if the virtual machines reside on CSV or SMB storage.
- Core Editions are not supported.
Virtual Machine Operating Systems
All guest operating systems supported by Microsoft Hyper-V
Hyper-V Integration Services
To back up the virtual machines on a Hyper-V server or cluster, Hyper-V integration services must be installed and updated on the virtual machine.
100GB recommended. If performing backups with the granular recovery option enabled, the location of the Job Results folder should contain additional space to accommodate at least 2 percent of the total amount of data being backed up.
Memory2 GB RAM minimum required beyond the requirements of the operating system and running applications
Allocation Unit Size of the NTFS VolumesThe cluster size or the allocation unit size of an NTFS volume in a virtual machine must be multiple of 1024 bytes. You can set the cluster size before formatting a volume. The default cluster size is 4096 bytes.
Microsoft Visual C++
The following Redistributable Package is installed automatically. Note that the Redistributable Package can co-exist with other versions of this software.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
The Virtual Server Agent is installed directly onto the Hyper-V Server.
Third-party maintenance (minor) releases or service packs that are supported by the Commvault software may not be listed in our System Requirements. When possible, Commvault provides information on any known issues related to these minor releases or service packs. In some cases, these minor releases or service packs affect how the Commvault software works. Commvault software may experience changes in functionality as the result of the third-party minor release or service pack. These changes are beyond the control of Commvault. Platforms that are supported in the current version of Commvault software may not be supported in earlier versions of the software. Contact your software provider to ensure that third-party minor releases or service packs are compatible with the Commvault software.
Additional considerations regarding minimum requirements and End-of-Life policies from third-party vendors also apply.