The following prerequisites are needed to setup Metallic Cloud Storage Service as a storage target on Commvault software:
CommServe Server Version
The following minimum version is required for the CommServe server:
Metallic Cloud Storage Service Type
Minimum CommServe Version
Commvault V11 with Feature Release 21 (11.21.10 or later)
Commvault V11 with Feature Release 24 (11.24.17 or later)
The following minimum version is required for the MediaAgent:
Commvault V11 with Feature Release 20 (11.20.0 or later)
The Metallic recovery reserve license is required to configure Metallic Cloud Storage Service.
In addition, you must accept the Metallic Terms and Conditions when you add the license. For more information about adding licenses and accepting the user agreement, see Adding a License in the Command Center.
Metallic Cloud Storage Service (Global Cloud)
Metallic Cloud Storage Service (Government Cloud)
For outbound connectivity, the following endpoints must be whitelisted before configuring Metallic Cloud Storage Service on Global Cloud:
For outbound connectivity, the following endpoints must be whitelisted before configuring Metallic Cloud Storage Service on Government Cloud:
See https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56519 for a list of IP addresses required by:
- The * in
*.blob.core.windows.netcan be replaced with specific storage account names, once the library is configured. For more information, see Obtaining the Storage Account Name.
- Port 443 is required for all the listed endpoints.
- For applying the license, Metrics Reporting server should have the same endpoints as the CommServe server (listed above under Outbound Connections) whitelisted.
- In the list of IP addresses, the "name": "Storage.region" object denotes the region of the Metallic Cloud Storage Service. For example, "Storage.CanadaEast".
Azure ExpressRoute and Azure Private Link
Azure ExpressRoute circuit and Azure Private Link (Private Endpoint) is supported. For more information, see Configuring Azure ExpressRoute and Private Link.
If the CommServe server and the MediaAgent do not have direct access to the internet and have the proxy configured, make sure to configure the following:
- On the CommServe server, configure the proxy setting as described in Configure an HTTP Proxy Server for the CommServe Computer.
- During library configuration, make sure to provide the same proxy details, as configured in the HTTP Proxy Server Settings on the CommServe.