You can enable ransomware protection for a HyperScale cluster.
Before You Begin
- Review the system requirements and the considerations for ransomware protection.
- If any disk libraries or mount paths that are mounted are already present on the MediaAgent, you must take a backup of the /etc/fstab system file.
- You must set the MediaAgent on maintenance mode because the operations in the procedure require a reboot and perform unmount and mount of the disk libraries.
- If the MediaAgent is a client computer, make sure that there are no active backup or restore operations running on the MediaAgent.
Ransomware protection is automatically enabled on new installations of the HyperScale X Appliance.
- Login to your MediaAgent.
- Stop the Commvault services.
To enable the ransomware protection for the cluster, run the following command from the console or a tmux shell:
/opt/commvault/MediaAgent/task_manager/cvmanager.py -t Enable_Ransomware_Protection
Ransomware protection will be enabled in the cluster and can be viewed as follows:
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Infrastructure.
The Infrastructure page appears.
- Click the MediaAgent tile.
The MediaAgents page appears.
- Click the MediaAgent in which you enabled ransomware.
In the Control section, the Ransomware Protection toggle key will be enabled. (The toggle key will appear grayed out.)
- The software logs the activities of the ransomware protection in the /var/log/cvsecurity.log file.
- The software logs any unauthorized activities in the /var/log/audit/audit.log file.